- 20+ years as an operational and strategic leader both as GC/CLO and in management roles as head of human resources, investor relations, and administrative operations. Have worked in venture backed, private equity owned and publicly listed companies in multiple industries, including services, software, technology and healthcare. Significant operations and legal experience with corporate governance, finance, real estate, human resources, compensation, insurance, marketing and communications.
- Negotiated and closed many significant transactions, including numerous M&A, commercial, technology licensing, leasing and outsourcing transactions as well as over $1B in equity and debt financings. Key highlights as follows:
- Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP) – Managed all legal aspects of private financings, IPO and follow-on offerings with in excess of $400M raised.
- First Consulting Group (Nasdaq: FCGI) – Key leader in FCGI’s sale process to Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) for $365M, a 30%+ premium. Acted as a primary contact point for investment bankers and led management of outside counsel, due diligence, internal and external communications and post-signing transition planning activities, a process that involved a full, confidential marketing of FCGI, and included simultaneous discussions and negotiations with multiple corporate and financial/PE bidders. Also regularly structured and negotiated various commercial transactions, including multiple $100M+ multi-year, complex IT outsourcing deals.
- Integreon – Closed several significant corporate transactions, including sale of company in 2016 to a new PE investor, $100M+ of equity financings, a $30M recapitalization and debt restructure, and multiple acquisition, bank financing and real estate lease transactions in excess of $100M.
- Private practice at Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in San Francisco and Irvine prior to in-house roles with emphasis on venture financings, public offerings, M&A, commercial agreements and general corporate representation. Prior to law school, worked at GM Hughes Electronics in Los Angeles as a contracts negotiator for the Radar Systems Group and GM Electrical Vehicle Program, handling a range of government and commercial contracts and proposals.
- BA, Stanford University, Economics and Political Science. Member of Stanford baseball team that won 1987 and 1988 National Championships.
- JD, University of San Francisco. Editor-in-Chief of USF Law Review and received high graduating class honor as recipient of Judge Harold J. Haley Award (Exceptional Distinction in Scholarship, Character and Activities).
- Lives with wife in Palos Verdes Estates, CA. Their two sons now attend Stanford, but Mike enjoyed many years of coaching them in baseball, soccer, basketball and football, and serving on the boards of Palos Verdes Little League and Palos Verdes Peninsula High School Booster Club.
75 14th Street Northeast
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Owners & Founders
We seek outstanding business owners and operators with whom to partner. If you believe your company would benefit from our capital and strategic contributions, please feel free to contact us.